Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday Favorites - Pocket Scrapbooking

Today I want to share with you one of my favorite ways to scrapbook - in pockets! I've done a few yearly albums using pocket pages, and I've decided to do one again for 2017. I've also decided that I'm going to try and use up as much of my stash of pocket cards as possible - and try not to buy too many new ones!

Here's my title page for my 2017 album. I just used cards - no pictures. These cards come from the Picture My Life (PML) Love Your Selfie collection from Close To My Heart. (By the way, they're actually still available and on clearance right now!)


I like to keep things simple, so aside from stamping "2017" and writing my name on the bottom right card, I just put in cards and moved on!

Here's my first layout from January:


Again, I just did a little simple stamping on a few cards and added journaling. I didn't add any extra embellishment, and that's how I plan to continue for the year. My goal is to get it done! I'll save my embellishing for other 12x12 traditional layouts. (I did have to add a small piece of washi tape on the bottom right pocket because it ripped.)

The pocket cards on this layout come from the CTMH PML Wanderful collection (now retired).

Here are pictures of each side:




Here's my second layout for January:


A lot of people do weekly spreads in their pocket scrapbooking albums, but I switched to monthly last year and it works better for me. Some weeks have too many pictures, and other weeks don't have many at all. This way I don't have to stress about that!

These cards come from the CTMH PML Later Sk8r collection (also retired).

Here are the pictures of each side:



Because this is a layout all about our Disney races, I also included our race bibs in separate page protectors. Here's a picture showing those:


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll try some pocket scrapbooking in your albums!

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

765-635-4884




No comments: