Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Favorites - Flexible Designs

Close To My Heart has easy-to-use workshops, which include wonderful scrapbooking and card designs. But sometimes I want to change things up, and because Close To My Heart has such great designs and products that work so well together, that's an easy thing to do!

Earlier this month I shared with you some alternate cards for the Mother's Day Cardmaking Workshop Kit, and I'm doing the same today with the kit for March - the Happy Congratulations Cardmaking Kit. We'll be working with this kit at my March Coffee & Cards workshop, and you'll be able to make these alternate cards if you want to.

Here are the cards as they were designed for the workshop kit:


The kit includes an exclusive workshop stamp set, which includes the sentiments you see above. The kit is designed for you to make six cards of each of the two designs. Of course you can mix and match the sentiments and designs, which gives you a total of four different cards.

Using the wonderful Thin Cuts from Close To My Heart, I have created some alternate cards that (in my opinion) work extremely well with these card designs. Here's what I've come up with!


In the picture above you can see two cards that use the workshop stamp set and two cards that use the Thin Cuts. In all four cards, the design and placement of the patterned paper is the same.

Here's another set of four cards:


Again, two of the cards were created with sentiments from the workshop stamp set, and the other two cards were created with Thin Cuts. I love how adaptable these card designs were, and it was pretty easy to make beautiful cards with the Thin Cuts!

If you're interested in making any of these cards, I really hope you'll join me this month for my Coffee & Cards workshop!
  • Saturday, March 11
  • 9:30-11:30 a.m.
  • $35 (covers all of your materials (including adhesive), coffee/hot chocolate & snacks, the use of my supplies, and my instruction)

The sign-up deadline is Wednesday, March 1. You can RSVP on the Facebook event page, or you can email, call, or text me to sign up!

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

rielage517@gmail.com
765-635-4884

No comments: