Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Scrapbooking Chronologically?

One of the things that I love about scrapbooking is that you can do it any way you want, and everyone's scrapbooks are completely different! I know several people who love to scrapbook chronologically and hate to do things out of order. Not me! I have scrapbooked pictures the day I took them, and then I will work on a layout with pictures from several years ago. I have to scrapbook when and what I'm in the mood to do. Sometimes I go find the perfect paper for pictures that I want to scrapbook, and then sometimes I make a layout and then go find the pictures later. The latter is what I did today.

The pictures on this layout are from when my daughter was one week old, so they're almost 2.5 years old. I actually started working on this layout yesterday and had the paper cut before I had any idea what pictures I was going to use. I know that would drive some people crazy, but it works for me! I don't always scrapbook that way, but it's fun sometimes to build a layout without a set plan in place. Here's what I came up with:


The paper I used is retired Close To My Heart paper, Sweetheart, and the layout design comes from the how-to book Magic. When I bought this paper, I knew I would be doing a lot of layouts of my daughter with it! I used the Giggle Caps and Lowercase alphabets, and I also used the Affection stamp set. Even though this paper was retired before our baker's twine came out, I think they work beautifully together, and I really like how this layout turned out!

If you want to get some of those old (or new) pictures scrapbooked, you're invited to my house this Friday night (from 6:00 to ???) for a free scrapbooking night. Bring your supplies, I'll have my stamps available, and we'll get some work done and have fun!

Thanks!
rielage517@yahoo.com



No comments: