Monday, January 28, 2019

February Cardmaking Variations

Each month I offer cardmaking workshops using the fun and easy-to-use cardmaking kits from Close To My Heart. Each kit provides you with instructions and materials to make 12 cards - six each of two designs. In February, we'll be working with the Lucky Friendship cardmaking kit, and here are the two cards I made following the provided instructions.




I think these cards are really cute, but one of my favorite things to do with a cardmaking kit is try to change things up! I will often use the same stamp set and just try to change up the sentiments or the paper placement, but sometimes I like to try out different stamp sets too. This patterned paper was a little tricky to change since the hearts can only go one direction, so I mostly just changed up my cards using different stamp sets.

Here are my variations on card #1.







And here are my variations on card #2.







I love changing things up, but it's also perfectly fine to make the cards just the way they are in the instructions! The beauty of these kits is that they give you a great starting point but allow you the freedom to make your cards the way you want. I also love to take the instructions from these kits and use them to cut up older papers that I still have and make even more cards quickly and easily!

Here are the additional stamp sets that I used on my cards.









If you would like to make these cards with me, you can sign up for one of my February Cardmaking Workshops. I'm having three cardmaking workshops next month, and you can still sign up for two of them!

You can find all the details on the Facebook event pages or on this blog post or my Upcoming Events page. I'd love to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by today! If you have any questions about anything I've mentioned, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to help you!

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

765-635-4884




No comments: