Monday, September 4, 2017

One Sketch Two Ways

I love taking sketches and trying to change them up, so today I want to show you two cards that I made from the same design. I kept the papers the same, but I switched up the card orientations and used two different stamp sets.

Here's the first card:


This sketch comes from the Make It from Your Heart, Volume 2 how-to book, and I've used this sketch many times. For this card I used the Cats & Bats paper packet and some Willow cardstock. I also used the Cats & Bats cardmaking stamp set (which can also be purchased with Thin Cuts). With this versatile sentiment, I think this card would work for a birthday card or a simple hello card.


I stamped the inside of the cat in Pebble and the outline in Black, and then I stamped the sentiment in Goldrush and the little stars in Willow. I popped up the Willow cardstock with thin foam tape, and then I added a few Black & White Dots.

-----------------------

Here's my second card using this same sketch and the same papers:


For this card I changed the orientation of the card and used the September stamp of the month, Feel So Blessed. I also used some Grey Gems instead of Black & White Dots.


I stamped "thanks" in Black and "for everything" in Goldrush, and then I cut out the Goldrush banner and popped it up with thin foam tape.

I love how versatile sketches can be - even when you use the exact same papers! I'd love to see what you do with this card design - or take a different sketch and see if you can make two different cards!

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

765-635-4884




No comments: