Friday, December 16, 2016

Oh Deer! Workshop Layouts (Part 2)

I'm back today with the rest of the layouts I made with the Oh Deer! Workshops Your Way Scrapbooking Kit. I shared two of my layouts this past Wednesday, so if you haven't seen that post first, please check it out.

Here's what's included with the Oh Deer! scrapbooking kit:




All of the Workshops Your Way scrapbooking kits come with all the product and instructions needed to make three two-page layouts that have already been designed for you. Most of the time I simply follow the cutting guide and make the layouts pretty close to how they're shown in the instructions, but this time I decided to change things up a bit.

I made the first two layouts almost exactly the way they were designed, and I really love how they turned out. But when I went to start the third layout, I didn't want to do it the same way they did. In fact, I wanted to change it into two one-page layouts instead of one two-page layout. And so I did!

Here's how the third layout was originally designed:


There's nothing wrong with this layout; it just didn't appeal to me or work with any pictures I could find. I had already cut the paper according to the cutting guide, so I worked with the papers as they were. I did trim a few pieces and add in some scraps, but almost everything came from the original workshop kit. I think I did include a scrap of Oh Deer! paper from the Thinking of You cardmaking kit.

Here's my first one-page layout:


This layout used the papers from the right-hand side of the original layout, but I didn't use all of them. I also added some of the 3x4 cut-apart cards for the title and my journaling. The pack of Oh Deer! Complements comes with lots of extra bits and pieces, so I had plenty of things to use for my title and my embellishment clusters.


-------------------------

Here's my second one-page layout:


This layout started out with just the papers from the left-hand side of the original layout, but I added some more strips of paper to fill it out. I used the original title embellishment, and then I added some more pieces from the Oh Deer! Complements pack.



-------------------------

I am having two workshops at the end of December where I will walk you through putting together the Oh Deer! layouts from the scrapbooking kit. If you're interested in signing up, please email, call, or text me.
  • Thursday, December 29
  • 2:00-4:00 or 6:30-8:30
  • $35 (covers scrapbooking kit, tax, shipping, and my instruction)
You can find more details over on my Upcoming Events page!

-------------------------

Thanks for taking a look at my layouts, and I hope they inspire you to make your own pages and get your stories told!

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

765-635-4884




No comments: