Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Favorites - Using Up Scraps!

For my Friday Favorites blog post this week, I want to share with you my go-to design for using up scraps. I'm not sure when I first discovered this design, but I've been using it for a few years now and I still love it!


The design is simply 12 pieces of paper cut into 1-1/4 inch squares and laid out on a card base. I used to try and line up the squares, but making them a little crooked looks just fine and is much easier!


It's pretty easy to use your paper trimmer and cut the squares, but I recently purchased a 1-1/4 inch square punch, and it's awesome! If you find yourself using this design frequently, I would recommend buying a punch and saving yourself some time.


I've used this design for both horizontal and vertical cards, and you can use patterned paper or cardstock. In the example above, I embossed and sanded the Sorbet cardstock to give it a little pattern.


You can even use circles with this design!

Here are a few more examples:



And here's a card I just made a few days ago using up some Swan Lake scraps:


Normally I use four squares of three designs, but on the card above I used three squares of four designs. Either way works! And I love how easy the card came together using the "Hello" Thin Cut and some Black Shimmer Ribbon.

I hope you'll try out this design next time you have some scraps to use up!

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

765-635-4884
rielage517@gmail.com

bethanyrielage.closetomyheart.com
www.facebook.com/stampingathome



No comments: