Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Favorites - Workshops

One of my absolute favorite things to do as a Close To My Heart consultant is having workshops! I love meeting new people, and I love helping people use their supplies. Too many times I have heard people talk about having lots of supplies but either not having the time to use them or not knowing what to do with them. I try to help solve those problems by having times every month when people can set aside time to actually create.

My goal every month is to have at least one craft night, one scrapbooking workshop, and one cardmaking workshop.

Craft Nights
Craft nights are simply times when I open up my house for people to come over and bring anything they want to work on. There's no set schedule, and normally everyone's working on something different. I have my stamp sets and inks available to use, but there's no pressure to use them or to do anything related to Close To My Heart. I've had friends bring over knitting, watercoloring, and many other things. It's mostly just a time to hang out, get some crafting done, and have fun together!

Scrapbooking Workshop
For my scrapbooking workshops, I have been using the Workshops Your Way kits from Close To My Heart. They are beautiful, and everything has already been figured out for me! Close To My Heart provides a cutting guide and shows how to put the layouts together. Even though I do like to make my own layouts from time to time, I like to use the workshops because they're simple, they go together quickly, and I love the designs!

City Sidewalks Workshops Your Way Kit


Cardmaking Workshops
My cardmaking workshops are a little different from month to month. I usually try to offer a night where I focus on the cardmaking workshop kits provided by Close To My Heart. But I have also created my own cardmaking workshops. Some people like to receive a stamp set and extra supplies to make more cards at home, and some people just want to take home a finished product and not have to worry about what to do with scraps or extra supplies. I try to provide both types of workshops!



Upcoming Workshops!
Here are some dates for my upcoming craft nights, scrapbooking workshops, and cardmaking workshops. More details can be found on my Upcoming Events page.

Craft Nights
  • Friday, November 11
  • Friday, December 2

Scrapbooking Workshops
  • Saturday, November 26 - City Sidewalks
  • Thursday, December 29 - Oh Deer!

Cardmaking Workshops
  • Saturday, November 12 - Happy Holidays Cardmaking Kit
  • Thursday, December 1 - City Sidewalks Cards (Christmas)
  • Friday, December 2 - City Sidewalks Cards (Christmas)
  • Sunday, December 11 - Card Buffet
  • Saturday, December 17 - Thinking of You Cardmaking Kit

I'd love to have you join me for one of my workshops! Contact me with any questions or to sign up!

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

765-635-4884
rielage517@gmail.com

bethanyrielage.closetomyheart.com
www.facebook.com/stampingathome



No comments: