Monday, August 21, 2017

School Year Card

The August stamp of the month set, School Year, is perfect for scrapbooking, but today I want to share a card I made with it.


This card would be fun to send with your child on the first day of school or to put in a lunchbox with some encouraging words written inside. You could also send it to your child's teacher to encourage him or her on the first day as well!

If your first day of school has already passed, you could use this card to remember your child's first day. You could put their picture on the inside left side, and then stamp the Back to School image on the inside right side and let your child write about what happened that day.


You could also make this same card for the last day of school and send it to your child's teacher as a thank you for a great year!


The background patterned paper comes from the new Whimsy Fundamental Paper Packet, and then I embossed a piece of Lagoon cardstock with our new Alphabet Embossing Folder. I stamped the chalkboard image with Memento Black ink and colored the outside edge with the Mahogany Shin-Han marker. I stamped "First Day of School" with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I watercolored over top of it to make it look like a chalkboard. I also stamped the pencil in Memento Black ink and colored it in with the Clay, Golden Yellow, and Vivid Green Shin-Han markers. Then I added some Black & White Dots to finish it off.

If you have any questions about anything I've mentioned today, please contact me or comment below. To check out the School Year stamp set or to get your own, please visit the link below:
https://bethanyrielage.closetomyheart.com/ctmh/promotions/sotm/2017/1708-school-year.aspx

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

rielage517@gmail.com
765-635-4884

bethanyrielage.closetomyheart.com
www.facebook.com/stampingathome



No comments: