Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January Workshops

I have three different workshops scheduled for January, and I'd love to see you at them. All of this information can also be found on my Upcoming Events page, but I thought I'd post it here too!

Here are the three workshops at a glance. Scroll down for more information about each one.
  • Card Buffet - January 22; 2:00-4:00
  • Sugar Rush Scrapbooking Workshop - January 28; 1:30-4:30 or 6:30-9:30
  • Welcome Home Wreath Workshop - January 29; 1:30-4:30

--------------------------------------

Card Buffet
  • Sunday, January 22
  • 2:00-4:00
  • $2.00/card
Card buffets are one of my favorite types of workshops, so I've decided to try and have one every month in 2017! Each month I will have many different types of cards, but I'll be focusing on the featured paper packet from Close To My Heart for the month. In January, that's Sugar Rush! I'll try to post more pictures of the cards you'll be able to make, but here are three of them:


Here's how it will work: You come and make as many cards as you want in the two-hour class time. Each card is $2 and they are all designed and pre-cut for you; all you do is put them together. There are several cards from which to choose.

All you have to do is bring adhesive, and I provide the rest! I suggest bringing a regular paper adhesive, glue dots, and some kind of foam tape.

The sign-up deadline for this event is Friday, January 20.

--------------------------------------

Sugar Rush Scrapbooking Workshop
  • Saturday, January 28
  • 1:30-4:30 or 6:30-9:30
  • $35 (covers scrapbooking kit, tax, shipping, and instruction)
For my January workshop, we will be using the Workshops Your Way Sugar Rush Scrapbooking Kit.


This workshop kit retails for $26.95 and provides you with enough materials to create three 12x12 two-page layouts. It also provides you with the paper and embellishments for 9 cards! With this kit you receive a full Sugar Rush Paper Packet, one pack of Sugar Rush Complements, one pack of Sugar Rush Dots, one Sugar Rush Washi Pack, and four sheets of cardstock (1 Whisper, 3 White Daisy).

Here are the three layouts we will be creating:




Sign-up Deadline:
The deadline to sign up for this workshop is Wednesday, January 18th. This will allow me to order the kits so they arrive in time.

Optional Additional Services:
$5 - I will provide any adhesive you need, including foam tape.
$5 - I will cut all of your paper ahead of time so you can just assemble and decorate the layouts the day of the workshop.

Cards:
When you follow the cutting guide for cutting your kit, along with all the pieces for your layouts, you will also end up with pieces for 9 cards. There are additional supplies needed to complete these cards, but if you would like to complete them during the workshop, I will provide card bases and envelopes and the use of my stamps and inks for $6.00. Just let me know when you RSVP if you'll be wanting to complete the cards as well!

Here are the cards you can create (three of each design):



--------------------------------------

Welcome Home Wreath Workshop
  • Sunday, January 29
  • 1:30-4:30
  • Cost: $5 - 44 (depending on materials needed)
Every January, Close To My Heart celebrates National Papercrafting Month as a way of acknowledging the pure joy of playing with paper! We scrapbook with it, we make cards with it, we decorate with it—in short, we craft with it! This January, they’ll be celebrating the joys of paper-crafted home décor with the beautiful Welcome Home wreath kit. This kit comes with pre-cut pieces you can simply pop out and attach to the sturdy chipboard wreath base, making a welcoming décor piece for your home.


During this workshop, you will take your wreath kit and put it all together. The kit includes everything you need except for adhesive. I would recommend Liquid Glass as a good adhesive for this project, and a Quilling Tool will also come in handy (although not required).


Cost:
The cost of the workshop depends on what you already own and what you want to use during the workshop. You can use other adhesives besides Liquid Glass, but you will need to have your own adhesive. A Quilling Tool is also a nice tool to have for putting this wreath together. Here are the cost options.


Sign-Up Deadline:
The deadline to sign up for this workshop is Thursday, January 19th. This will allow me to purchase the kits and other materials in time for the workshop.

--------------------------------------

Space is limited for all of these workshops, so please sign up as soon as possible! You can email, call, or text me to sign up!

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

765-635-4884




No comments: