Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July Stamp of the Month

Today I'm sharing some artwork created with this month's stamp of the month set - Storybook Alphabet.


Alphabets are always useful, and I can't ever seem to get rid of any of the several I've acquired over the years!

Lately I've been really inspired by the artwork Close To My Heart has been posting on their website. If you haven't noticed, every month the images on their homepage change to focus on the monthly special, the featured paper packet, and the stamp of the month. For the past few months, I've challenged myself to recreate some of the artwork I like best from these pictures.

So today I'm sharing two cards that I recreated from one of the current images on Close To My Heart's homepage. Here's the original image:


And here are my cards:



-----------------------




The cards aren't exactly the same, but I didn't have specific instructions or measurements. I really like how they turned out, so I decided to make several of each card. For the top card, I decided to change each one slightly, so I thought I'd share my variations below.





All of the papers for these cards come from the Prickly Pear paper packet. Some of the letters I colored with watercolor pencils, some with ShinHan alcohol markers, some with watercolor paints, and some I just stamped and left alone. You can do all sorts of things with this fun alphabet!

If you have any questions about how I made my cards or about how you can get this fabulous stamp set for only $5, please ask! I'm here to help! :-)

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

rielage517@gmail.com
765-635-4884

bethanyrielage.closetomyheart.com
www.facebook.com/stampingathome



No comments: