Friday, July 28, 2017

Square Fold Cards

I learned how to make a fun square fold card earlier this week, so I thought I'd share it with you today! I learned about this in one of my Close To My Heart consultant Facebook groups, and we were challenged to try making our own card this week. I started making a few cards yesterday to use up my remaining No Worries scraps, and I ended up making nine cards!

Here's the first card I made. I'll tell you a little bit about it and the dimensions of the card, and then I'll share the rest of my cards.


When folded, the card measures four inches square, so it fits in a standard size envelope. I rarely mail anything in a square envelope because then you have to pay more postage. Crazy, right? As I mentioned above, I was using up some of my scraps from the No Worries paper packet. I decided to use ovals cut with our Basic Ovals Thin Cuts because I already had a few cut from an earlier project.


The card base is actually 4x12 inches, and then you score it in thirds at the four-inch marks. Cut off the corners and fold it in to the middle. The white cardstock in the middle measures 3.75 inches square. For the outside patterned papers, cut a 3.75-inch square and then cut it in half on the diagonal. Then you can flip the patterns over or mix and match with other patterns. Depending on the pattern, you may only be able to use it in one direction.

With the card closed, attach a piece of foam tape to the right flap and attach the oval. Do not put adhesive on the left side of the oval so the card can still open. That's probably as clear as mud, but if you have any questions, please feel free to comment below or contact me! And if you'd like to try your hand at making one of these, I'm probably going to add one to my August card buffets!

Here are the other eight cards I created. I'm sharing a picture of the front and then the inside of the card. I did use several different stamp sets, so I'll comment below the picture with the name of the stamp set (and a link if it's still available).



----------------------

Hello Foxy - June Stamp of the Month


----------------------



----------------------



----------------------



----------------------

Hello Foxy - June Stamp of the Month


----------------------

Dreamin' Big Cardmaking Stamp Set


----------------------

Dreamin' Big Cardmaking Stamp Set



And in case you were wondering, here are the inks I used: Sapphire, Glacier, Cashmere, and Lagoon.

Thanks for stopping by! If you happen to create your own version of this card, I'd love to see it!

Thanks,
Bethany Rielage

rielage517@gmail.com
765-635-4884

bethanyrielage.closetomyheart.com
www.facebook.com/stampingathome



No comments: