Monday, October 24, 2016

Mojo Monday 471 - Hello

I'm really excited to share with you my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I actually wasn't really feeling inspired to make a card this afternoon, but I knew I wanted to get a blog post up, so I kinda made myself clear off my desk and get started. As I was cleaning things off and putting things away, I found the inspiration for my card, and it all came together in less than 20 minutes!

Here's the sketch for this week:


And here's my card:


The inspiration for my card was actually the white square with the "Hello" sentiment stamped on it. A few weeks ago I was working on the Thinking of You card kit from Close To My Heart, and I was trying out some different sentiment styles. This white square and stamped sentiment was an extra piece, just sitting in the pile of other sentiment pieces I had yet to put together. I almost recycled it, and then I thought that it might work for today's card!

I pulled out the patterned paper scraps from that same kit, and then I wanted to use some Swan Lake paper since that's the featured paper packet for October. Then, since the sentiment is bordered by designs stamped in Sea Glass, I pulled out some Sea Glass cardstock for the mat. I rarely mix papers from different paper packets, but it's something I'd like to get better at. In this case, I think the woodgrain from Oh Deer, the Peacock from Swan Lake, and the Sea Glass look great together!


In addition to those papers, I cut a star out of Peacock cardstock with our Stars Thin Cuts. I then embellished the card with a few Bitty Sparkles - also from the card kit.

All in all, I really like how this card came together, and I want to try using this color combination again sometime!

Thanks for stopping by!

Bethany Rielage

765-635-4884
rielage517@gmail.com

bethanyrielage.closetomyheart.com
www.facebook.com/stampingathome



No comments: