I don't mind coming up with my own layout ideas, but I really love it when all the work has been done for me. I love playing with patterned paper and embellishments, but I don't want to stress about what to cut and where things should go. That's why the Workshops Your Way kits are perfect for me!
For every paper packet in the Seasonal Expressions Idea Books, there is a scrapbooking workshop kit, which includes everything you need to make three two-page 12x12 layouts - plus cards if you want! The cutting and assembly directions are also provided in an easy-to-download PDF file.
Now you may be asking - what if I don't have pictures to go with the layouts? I have a couple responses to this question.
- If you're worried about matching colors, try printing your pictures in black & white or sepia.
- If you don't like the chosen designs, look at the back of each patterned paper and see if the back side is more your style.
- If you don't like the title, try swapping it out for a different one (there are normally extras in the complements pack); or create your own using stamps, die-cut letters, or letter stickers.
- Look back through your pictures and see what you haven't scrapbooked. Over several years of doing these workshops, I've not yet created a layout that I couldn't find pictures for. Sometimes you just have to be creative!
- If your pictures aren't the right sizes, play around and see if you can put them on the layout anyway. You don't have to use the exact sizes suggested, and you can cut different photo mats or go without if you want!
Today I'm going to share with you the Some Kinda Wonderful scrapbooking kit, since that's the one I'll be working with in April.
Here's what you receive with this kit:
- 1 Some Kinda Wonderful paper packet
- 1 pack of Some Kinda Wonderful Complements
- 1 pack of Black & White Dots
- 1 pack of White Twine
- 4 sheets of cardstock (4 White Daisy)
And here are the three layouts designed for this kit:
Aren't they great?! I will be back on my blog next week to share my layouts created with this kit. I made a few changes to the second layout!
If you'd like to join me in making these layouts next month, I'm having a workshop on Saturday, April 22. All the details can be found on my Upcoming Events page or at the Facebook event page. I hope you'll check it out and join me!