Wednesday, January 31, 2018

CTS 256 - Just for You

Those of you who have followed my blog for awhile may remember that I used to play along with the weekly sketches from the Mojo Monday blog. They discontinued their weekly challenge last year, and I haven't participated in a sketch challenge since. I knew there were other challenges on other blogs, but I just hadn't had time to look into them. I did some looking this week, and I found some sketch challenges that I hope I'll have time for going forward!

The first one I'm trying is the blog CAS(E) this Sketch. I have followed their blog for awhile, and I like that they prefer cards that are clean and simple (CAS) because that's typically my style! They have a weekly card sketch challenge, and I'm going to try and participate as much as I can!

For this week's card I'm using papers from the Chelsea Gardens paper packet. Since it's the featured paper packet for January, I figured I better get in one last card this month!




And here's my card:


As I mentioned above, all the patterned papers on my card come from the Chelsea Gardens paper packet. I also used some Sweet Leaf and Glacier cardstock.


I cut all my rectangles to 1.5 x 2 inches, and then I adhered the patterned paper to the cardstock first. I covered up more of the cardstock rectangles than the patterned paper because I wanted to see more of the designs on my card. I spaced out all the rectangles on a piece of 4 x 5.25-inch White Daisy cardstock and glued them down. Then I adhered the cardstock to the card base with Thin 3D Foam Dots.


The sentiment, which comes from the Chelsea Gardens cardmaking stamp set, was stamped with Charcoal ink.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you have any questions about the products I used today, please contact me!



2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I really adore these papers, and LOve what you've created with our Sketch in mind!
Thanks for joining us this week, Bethany! Hope we see you in the CTS gallery again soon!
=] Michele

Leigh Penner said...

Great mix of patterned papers! Very pretty take on the sketch!